We often have people contact us inquiring if we would like to buy merchandise from them. And, as is true with much of life, it's not a simple answer. So, we've put together a list of frequently asked questions to assist with those inquiries.
Are you a consignment shop?
No, we are not a consignment shop. We purchase our vintage items and own them outright.
Are you buying?
Yes, . We have very limited storage space and buy on an as-needed basis. Most often it's an item or two at a time from very specific categories.
What specific items are you interested in buying?
- Items that are from the 1970s or earlier.
- Items that are in very good condition with very minimal (if any) wear & flaws.
- Tooled leather belts, purses & wallets
- Leather cowboy boots with wooden heals
- Leather jackets & coats
- Mid Century Modern (1950s/60s) barware & ceramics
NOTE: We love alot of different things and it's hard to list everything here so the above bullet points are to give you some starting guidelines. We love history and quality and unusual items so if you're not sure feel free to reach out to us and we'll let you know. Sometimes we don't even know what we want until we see it!
What items are you NOT interested in buying?
- Fur coats
- Large sets of china
- Wedding dresses
- Large furniture pieces (i.e. couches, sideboards, china closets, etc.)
How do I approach you about selling something I have?
- Email or text a few pictures of what you are selling to firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-533-1925
- We will let you know if it's something we're interested in.
- If we are interested, we will make an appointment with you to see the actual merchandise. The appointment can be at our shop or at your location depending on what makes the most sense for both parties.
NOTE: Please do not drop in with items to sell without an appointment. We will more than likely send you away because it's difficult to do that type of business during regular business hours. We do not want to waste you time.
How much do you pay for things you buy?
There are a lot of things that contribute to purchase price but the most important thing to know is that we pay vintage prices. When we normally source merchandise we shop at thrift stores, garage sales & flea markets and we buy very low. We do that so we can keep our retail prices modest and fair for our customers. We understand if that doesn't work for you and we respect your choice to go elsewhere with your items. No hard feelings.
Do you take donations?
We think of donated items in the same way we think of purchased items, we are looking for very specific things in small quantities. That being said, we rarely take donations and encourage you to donate to a thrift store or charity shop where those in need can benefit from your donation.
Thank you for thinking of us! We wish we could buy more items but we are restricted due to our limited storage space.